Paedophile Bazza jailed indefinitely
PAEDOPHILE Barry Jacobs caught exposing himself to an undercover police officer has been jailed for an indefinite period for possessing indecent photos and videos of children. The father-of-two, who used the online name Bazza the Semtex, had more than 51,
PAEDOPHILE Barry Jacobs caught exposing himself to an undercover police officer has been jailed for an indefinite period for possessing indecent photos and videos of children.
The father-of-two, who used the online name Bazza the Semtex, had more than 51,000 photos and 137 videos.
Many of the pictures, believed to be one of the largest collections of its kind, were judged to be the most severe form of child porn and were discovered after police seized his computer.
He also had adult porn including so-called snuff movies and bestiality.
You may also want to watch:
Jacobs, 35, a carpenter, of Felsham Chase, Burwell was arrested in July 2005 wearing just a dressing gown after a worried mother became suspicious and tipped off the police.
She had found records on a home computer of conversations Jacobs had conducted with her daughter, and police set up a sting operation with a female police officer posing as an 11-year-old girl.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
Jacobs spoke to the officer about porn sites he had visited and then exposed himself.
At Cambridge Crown Court, Jacobs was jailed for an indefinite period for two counts of attempting to engage in sexual activity with a child. He had also admitted 16 counts of making indecent photos.
Sentencing him, Judge Gareth Hawkesworth said: "Almost all of the indecent images were of girls aged about 11-years-old. You showed overwhelming interest in girls of that age and many of the images show young girls being subjected to bondage and extreme violence.
"Most troubling is the extreme violence and the sexual images of violent death of women and of bestiality.
"All of this offending shows a troubling progression from adult pornography to an interest in young children.
"If ever there was a case that demonstrates the corrosive effects of porn this is it."
Jacobs was ordered to serve a minimum sentence of three and half years and ordered to be put on the sexual offenders' register. He will be banned from working with children under the age of 16 indefinitely, banned from owning or possessing a laptop other than for work purposes.
He will be on licence for a minimum of 10 years after his release and will have to report to police at regular intervals for the rest of his life.
Jacob's estranged wife and parents were also in court as he wept throughout the hearing.