Packing a punch for fund raising in Littleport - thanks are sent to the organisers of a successful family fun event
- Credit: Archant
Wrestlers have sent a massive thank you to staff at Littleport Leisure Centre for hosting an action-packed afternoon of family fun to raise money for Little Miracles.
The day sold 350 tickets and raised £3,500 for the charity which supports families with children with autism, additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions, their carers and siblings.
In the Little Miracles newsletter Paul Ashe, of Ultimate British Wrestling, said: “Incredible event. Packed to the brim with almost 400 people loving every second of the action.”
Alex Knowles of Little Miracles, said: “We’ve had messages from parents with children who have opened up today and just had fun.
“Nothing more just laughing, cheering and enjoying a time of year that should be that.”
You may also want to watch:
Praise was given to one of the organisers, Adam Gayfer, who they said was “The unsung hero in all of this we couldn’t have done it without your brilliant team.”
Adam said: “Not only were the children cheering but the adults were having a great time too.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“Little Miracles together with UBW have put on a fantastic show.
“On behalf of everybody here at the Leisure Centre thank you so much for your generosity and for supporting this event, we are extremely grateful.”