Packed day planned for St Andrew’s fete
TRIPS up the church tower, tombolas, bric-a-brac, crafts, musical entertainment from Viva Youth Theatre, competitions and a grand draw will all be on offer at this year’s St Andew’s Church Fete in Soham.
Taking place on June 23, organisers are hoping to make it one of the biggest St Andrew’s events in recent years, with a packed day of entertainment and events planned.
One of the organisers, James Palmer, who lives in Sand Street, Soham, said: “We are absolutely delighted with how many individuals, groups and organisations have come forward so far to take part in the fete again.
“But we’d love even more. So if you would like to raise some money while contributing to the work of St Andrew’s Church we’d love to hear from you.”
Stall holders keep what they make on the day, with the church only asking for a small donation.
You may also want to watch:
“While we obviously hope to raise some money for the church and allow others to raise some too one of the main reasons for the fete, now in its 11th year, has always been to bring the community together,” James added.
The fete starts at 10am and will finish at noon.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
For more information or to book a stall call James or Alison Palmer on 01353 720572