Packed day planned for St Andrew’s fete
TRIPS up the church tower, tombolas, bric-a-brac, crafts, musical entertainment from Viva Youth Theatre, competitions and a grand draw will all be on offer at this year’s St Andew’s Church Fete in Soham.
Taking place on June 23, organisers are hoping to make it one of the biggest St Andrew’s events in recent years, with a packed day of entertainment and events planned.
One of the organisers, James Palmer, who lives in Sand Street, Soham, said: “We are absolutely delighted with how many individuals, groups and organisations have come forward so far to take part in the fete again.
“But we’d love even more. So if you would like to raise some money while contributing to the work of St Andrew’s Church we’d love to hear from you.”
Stall holders keep what they make on the day, with the church only asking for a small donation.
You may also want to watch:
“While we obviously hope to raise some money for the church and allow others to raise some too one of the main reasons for the fete, now in its 11th year, has always been to bring the community together,” James added.
The fete starts at 10am and will finish at noon.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash
For more information or to book a stall call James or Alison Palmer on 01353 720572