Packed day planned for St Andrew’s fete
TRIPS up the church tower, tombolas, bric-a-brac, crafts, musical entertainment from Viva Youth Theatre, competitions and a grand draw will all be on offer at this year’s St Andew’s Church Fete in Soham.
Taking place on June 23, organisers are hoping to make it one of the biggest St Andrew’s events in recent years, with a packed day of entertainment and events planned.
One of the organisers, James Palmer, who lives in Sand Street, Soham, said: “We are absolutely delighted with how many individuals, groups and organisations have come forward so far to take part in the fete again.
“But we’d love even more. So if you would like to raise some money while contributing to the work of St Andrew’s Church we’d love to hear from you.”
Stall holders keep what they make on the day, with the church only asking for a small donation.
“While we obviously hope to raise some money for the church and allow others to raise some too one of the main reasons for the fete, now in its 11th year, has always been to bring the community together,” James added.
The fete starts at 10am and will finish at noon.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
For more information or to book a stall call James or Alison Palmer on 01353 720572