Company swaps traditional secret Santa for foodbank donations
- Credit: Archant
An Ely company is skipping their annual secret Santa in order to create hampers for those who are in need of food in Ely and the surrounding areas.
Danielle Mannion, receptionist at PA Answer, said the team is swapping their usual tradition because “a growing number of people who have never needed to use a foodbank before are now finding themselves requiring assistance from charities.
“This has become such a significant issue this year due to the large amount of redundancies that have occurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Each member of the team will be donating their usual secret Santa budget towards food items that can then be donated to The Ely Foodbank.
“We are doing this so that families and children can have a chance at a very Merry Christmas, regardless of their financial situation,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are lucky enough to have money to spare this year, we highly encourage that you join us in giving all we possibly can to those in need.”
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 7 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 10 Power boats thrill crowds at river races