Owner crashes £100,000 classic Jaguar in Ely - just moments after completing its restoration
- Credit: Archant
A classic car owner crashed his £100,000 classic Jaguar – just minutes after jumping into the driving seat after restoring it to its former glory.
PC Ali McKenzie of Ely police was called to the scene of the accident at Angel Drove, Ely on Monday (June 6), where he found the owner’s fully restored 1973 V12 E-Type Jaguar crumpled into a lamp post.
It is understood that the driver of the classic car – which sell for around £100,000 – had only just hit the road in the iconic vehicle after spending years on restoring it.
Luckily the driver wasn’t injured, but his wallet will seemingly feel the full force of the accident, with repairs expected to cost thousands of pounds.
PC McKenzie said: “We’ve seen a lot of vehicles damaged on our roads recently, but I can honestly say that I haven’t seen anything quite as nice as this one in a long time. It’s a great shame.
You may also want to watch:
“The car had recently been fully restored with a painstaking attention to detail, and had only been out on the road briefly before the accident happened.
“We have having to deal with very unpredictable conditions on the roads at the moment - please do take care.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member