ON Friday, December 15, members of the club enjoyed a programme of entertainment. Taking part were soloist Gwen Bridgeman, readings from Betty Lanagangs, Ruth Ginn and Arlene King; group singing Sheila Knight, Margaret Clayton, Ellen Webb. The pianist was
ON Friday, December 15, members of the club enjoyed a programme of entertainment. Taking part were soloist Gwen Bridgeman, readings from Betty Lanagangs, Ruth Ginn and Arlene King; group singing Sheila Knight, Margaret Clayton, Ellen Webb. The pianist was Mrs M Fordham and the programme was arranged by Vera Seal.
The ladies were thanked on behalf of the members by Diane Wheeling.
Refreshments were served and there was a raffle. The meeting closed with the singing of the club hymn.
On December 22, Vera Seal welcomed members to the meeting and introduced the singers from Fordham, who gave an excellent afternoon's entertainment of Christmas songs and carols.
You may also want to watch:
The programme, compered by John Pryke, included solos by Dick Hatley, songs and carols by John Pryke, Alan and Marilyn Mason and June Moody. Bridget Mickish was the pianist who also joined the group in an action adaptation of the Twelve Days of Christmas.
Gwen Bridgeman thanked them on behalf of the members.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
After refreshments and the raffle the meeting closed with the club hymn.