MRS W Murfitt welcomed members to the club on June 30. Vera Seal was pleased to welcome Clive and Janet Beaumont to the meeting. Members enjoyed a colourful tour through Italy via the many slides shown by Clive and commentary by Janet. Vera thanked them
MRS W Murfitt welcomed members to the club on June 30. Vera Seal was pleased to welcome Clive and Janet Beaumont to the meeting. Members enjoyed a colourful tour through Italy via the many slides shown by Clive and commentary by Janet. Vera thanked them on behalf of the members. Bill Estell read a poem relating to the over sixties club, P Gibbon gave out the announcements and showed members the letter from the Queen's lady-in-waiting, which she has had framed. Refreshments were served and Vera organised the raffle.
During the afternoon, the men enjoyed playing cards in the adjoining room. The meeting closed with the club hymn.
Heartbeat Health Walk
On Monday, 22 walkers, plus the three leaders enjoyed a walk of about two miles, shorter than normal due to the heat. Liz Gwinnett led the group with David Clark and Laurie Budd at the back.The walk this week included part of the green Millenium walk. Refreshments were enjoyed at Saucey Megs.
You may also want to watch:
Soham The Fen and Barway WI
Alan Maskell will be the speaker at the meeting on Friday. He will be speaking about the work of the Blue Cross. The exhibition is a photo of a cat. The meeting starts at 7.30pm in the Mill View Room at Keith Leonard House.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony