ON January 12, chairman May Gillett welcomed members to the Over-60s Club. The club song was sung and no birthday chocolate required. Tributes to Harris Watson, Ron Barber and Doug White were given. The 49 Club winner was: John Newton, who received £40.
ON January 12, chairman May Gillett welcomed members to the Over-60s Club. The club song was sung and no birthday chocolate required. Tributes to Harris Watson, Ron Barber and Doug White were given.
The 49 Club winner was: John Newton, who received £40.
The competition was a Christmas or New Year card, judged by Mrs Jones. Next competition will be a small animal ornament. The entertainment was bingo.
The AGM is our next meeting and we are desperately seeking a secretary.
You may also want to watch:
Our committee ladies volunteered to serve teas this time and next meeting Mrs Arnold and Mojzeko will be in charge of teas.
There will be a concert at Doddington on Tuesday, February 13, tickets cost £4 plus bus fare. Please put your name down if you wish to attend.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
On January 27, we need help to clear kitchen cupboards ready for a re-vamp. We still have dinner and tea plates to clear. If anyone is interested please contact Mrs Gillett for more information.
We are always looking for new members. Meetings are on alternate Fridays, commencing at 2pm at the Village Hall.
INFO: Please feel free to call in without obligation. A warm welcome is assured. Annual fee is £4. Phone May Gillett 01353 860947 for enquiries.