Over 50 King’s Ely pupils set to perform Les Misérables
- Credit: Archant
A cast of more than 50 King’s Ely pupils will perform French musical Les Misérables in the school’s Hayward Theatre from Thursday 8 to Saturday 10 December.
Auditions took place in September and the cast will have rehearsed for around 100 hours in 10 weeks by the time of the performance.
The King’s Ely musical is being directed by Nick Huntington, the school’s director of drama and theatre, and musically directed by Jonathan Kingston, director of music.
Mr Huntington said: “I’m very proud of the commitment and achievement of every cast member.
“It’s such a moving production and it has such a profound effect on an audience, and hopefully our version won’t be any different.”
You may also want to watch:
Set against the backdrop of 19th century France, Les Misérables tells the story of ‘broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption - a timeless testament to the survival of the human spirit’. It features the songs I Dreamed A Dream, Bring Him Home, One Day More and On My Own.
The production is being run by the students, including the stage management, lighting and sound.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The show starts at 7pm each evening and there is a 2pm matinee performance on Saturday 10.
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £7 for concessions and £4 for King’s Ely pupils.
To book call the King’s Ely box office on 01353 653931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org