Over 130 National Lottery grants given to Cambridgeshire projects in 2015
- Credit: Archant
Arts and sports projects, community groups and schools - including Witchford Village College - all benifitted from more than £10million of lottery funding last year, the National Lottery has revealed.
131 Lottery grants were given out across the county during 2015, including £7,927 to Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force to purchase adapted canoe boats and £9,280 to Witchford Village College to provide sports leadership training to pupils.
From today, these examples, or any organisation that have ever received National Lottery funding, have the possibility of gaining nationwide acclaim by entering The National Lottery Awards 2016.
National Lottery Awards winners will receive a £3,000 cash prize and national recognition at a glittering ceremony broadcast on BBC One in October.
John Barrowman, presenter of last year’s National Lottery Awards show, said: “The National Lottery Awards offer an unmissable opportunity to give outstanding projects their time to shine. If you can think of a great Lottery-funded project, please nominate them for an Award.”
You may also want to watch:
“All these fantastic projects are funded by National Lottery players - every one of you should feel proud to raise an astounding £34million a week, which provides much needed support to such life-changing work.”
National Lottery Awards are given across seven categories; Sport, Heritage, Arts, Environment, Health, Education and Voluntary/Charity.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
If you wish to nominate your favourite project in this year’s National Lottery Awards, tweet @LottoGoodCauses with your suggestions or call 0207 293 3599 to find out more and to enter.
Entries must be received by midnight on March 9 2016.