Outstanding art students from Kings Ely showcase their work in a city shop
TALENTED young artists are show casing their work in a vacant Ely shop throughout October, with everything from sculpture and photography on display.
Some of the artists taking part from Kings, Ely, were among the highest performing A Level and GCSE students in the UK this summer, and their exhibition gives visitors the chance to take a look at just what they have achieved.
Alison Rhodes, director of art at Kings, said: “We are very grateful to the landlord, Mr Borland, for allowing us to use his Market Street premises. Our students will now get a taste of professional exposure, and it is a fabulous way to celebrate their superb results.”
The art work includes examples of fine art, fashion and textiles, sculpture, and photography.
Many of the exhibiting students achieved A and A* grades in their exams, and Kate Martin managed to gain a spectacular 100 per cent for her A2 Textile project.
You may also want to watch:
Former pupils of King’s Ely who have gone on to achieve success include designer and Vogue writer Rupert Sanderson, whose shoes are worn by film stars and celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Cheryl Cole and Samantha Cameron; sculptor Stephen Vince, who has created ‘Sculpture Safaris’ throughout the world; and artist Aubrey Powell, who designed the artwork on Led Zeppelin’s album, Houses of the Holy.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail