Outside lamp cause of fire
SHRUBBERY growing over a Halogen lamp and candles appear to have been the causes of two fires on Tuesday evening. A light left on outside an address in Main Street, Little Downham, ignited shrubbery growing next to the property. Flames licked the outside
SHRUBBERY growing over a Halogen lamp and candles appear to have been the causes of two fires on Tuesday evening.
A light left on outside an address in Main Street, Little Downham, ignited shrubbery growing next to the property. Flames licked the outside of the building and paint on a car parked in the driveway was blistered by the heat. No damage was caused to the interior of the house but the fire service say the blaze would have caused more damage if the windows had been left open.
A fire service spokesman said Halogen lamps generate a lot of heat, particularly if covered.
Fire-fighters were called to a second fire, in Sutton, where candles ignited paper and caused considerable smoke damage to the upstairs of the house.
You may also want to watch:
The public is warned never to leave candles unattended and to extinguish them before going to sleep.
# Cambridgeshire fire service offers a free home fire risk assessment. Anyone interested should telephone 01353 660025, between 9am and 5pm.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car