Woman reveals shocking moment she saw her neighbour’s outbuilding burn down in front of her in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A woman has recalled the terrifying moment she discovered her neighbour’s burning down outhouse in Littleport.
Chloe Rose was cleaning her flat when she said she could smell burning and saw thick black smoke coming from the bottom of her garden.
The 20-year-old told this newspaper how she could see “bits of wood and things” flying into her garden. She described “actually hearing the fire”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “One male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and left in the care of ambulance crews.”
Crews from Ely, Wisbech and Downham Market were called to the home on Church Lane at around 1pm on Tuesday, November 20.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Rose said: “I saw the flames and they had got really high and I could see it burning my tree and the fences behind my garden.
“I stood in shock not knowing what to do. I quickly grabbed my dressing gown and ran outside, which was when I saw people staring at the fire right near my flat!
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
“The fire was taking a while to be put out and the fire engine kept pulling up in different locations in order to get to it.”
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue added: “Wearing breathing apparatus we extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets and returned to our stations by 5pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”