Woman reveals shocking moment she saw her neighbour’s outbuilding burn down in front of her in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A woman has recalled the terrifying moment she discovered her neighbour’s burning down outhouse in Littleport.
Chloe Rose was cleaning her flat when she said she could smell burning and saw thick black smoke coming from the bottom of her garden.
The 20-year-old told this newspaper how she could see “bits of wood and things” flying into her garden. She described “actually hearing the fire”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “One male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and left in the care of ambulance crews.”
Crews from Ely, Wisbech and Downham Market were called to the home on Church Lane at around 1pm on Tuesday, November 20.
Ms Rose said: “I saw the flames and they had got really high and I could see it burning my tree and the fences behind my garden.
“I stood in shock not knowing what to do. I quickly grabbed my dressing gown and ran outside, which was when I saw people staring at the fire right near my flat!
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 9 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
“The fire was taking a while to be put out and the fire engine kept pulling up in different locations in order to get to it.”
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue added: “Wearing breathing apparatus we extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets and returned to our stations by 5pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”