Art exhibition returns to mark 700-year anniversary at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Ouse Life
An art exhibition showcasing the beauty and the lives of those behind Ely Cathedral 700 years on will go on display.
The Ouse Life group are presenting their third exhibition at the cathedral, with over 100 artworks on show.
Ken Murray, of Ouse Life, said: “We address notions around the collapse of the central tower in 1322 which led to the creation of the extraordinary and unique Octagon.
“We explore the beauty of the building, the means of making it, the lives of the people who constructed, maintained, rebuilt and inhabited it over the next 700 years.”
Eighteen artists have produced work from paintings to sculptures and ceramics for the latest exhibition, named ‘After The Fall’.
It follows on from Ouse Life’s 2016 exhibition, ‘The Secret Life of Ely Cathedral’.
Ken added: “We plan to produce an Art Trail to further enhance the experience of younger art lovers.”
The exhibition runs from Wednesday, April 27 until Sunday, May 29.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
It is free entry for residents of Ely and surrounding villages with proof of address.