Be a girl chorister for a day at Ely Cathedral taster sessions
- Credit: Archant
Girls with a love of singing are being given the chance to experience what life is like as an Ely Cathedral girl chorister.
‘Be A Girl Chorister For A Day’, which is taking place on Saturday October 21, is open to girls aged nine to 16.
Activities will include rehearsals with the current girl choristers, tours of the girls’ boarding house and choral evensong at the cathedral at 5.30pm.
As well as singing at cathedral services, the girls’ choir has recorded a number of albums and performed in venues including Westminster Abbey and the Guards’ Chapel in London, and la Cathédrale Notre Dame and l’Église St Eustache in Paris.
A spokesman said: “King’s Ely has educated the boy choristers of Ely Cathedral for over 1,000 years.
You may also want to watch:
“Early in the new millennium, a girls’ choir was founded, to enable the cathedral to hold choral services every day of the week in term time.
Places for the taster days should be booked in advance by calling Jane Formston on 01353 660707 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'