Online workshops in Ely, Littleport and Soham
- Credit: Archant
Take advantage of the internet’s possibilities with workshops at Littleport, Ely and Soham being held as part of national Be Online Fortnight.
The workshops are at Littleport YPL on Tuesday February 23 from 10am -12pm, Ely Library Learning Centre on Friday February 26 from 10am-12pm and at Soham Library on Friday 26 from 2-4pm.
Anyone who needs extra support to become a confident internet user is encouraged to attend one of the sessions.
Nyree Scott, project manager, said: “We want to reach out to those in the community without basic online skills and help them start gaining the skills they need to make the most of an online life.
“When you can use the internet effectively, job searching becomes that much easier and you can stay closely connected to friends and family over any distance.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are being provided by Cambridgeshire County Council’s adult learning and skills team.
Be Online Fortnight runs until February 28 and has been launched by national charity, Tinder Foundation to support some of the 12.6 million people across the UK whose are unable to access the benefits of the Internet, including job searching shopping, social media and keeping in contact with friends and family.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
For more information about the online basics workshops, please call 01223 703 515.