One person taken to hospital after house fire in Fen Road, Lode caused by unclosed wood burner
- Credit: Archant
An unclosed wood burner led to a person being taken to hospital after a house fire in Lode yesterday morning.
Two people were rescued from the blaze in Fen Road at around 10.20am and one casualty was later taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Station Commander Jamie Johnson said: “The fire was started after the door of a wood burner was not shut properly.
“The heat set fire to a nearby wood basket, which then spread to the living room.
“We would advise all those that use wood burners to make sure the area around it is kept clear and no combustible material be kept nearby.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke before returning to their station by 12.42pm.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely