One-off contemporary art auction
ELY will host a one-off contemporary art auction next month, featuring local artistic talent. Auctioneers Blyth and Co will stage the auction at the Fenlord Auction Rooms in Market Place on Saturday, March 24, at the end of a week s viewing of the work.
ELY will host a one-off contemporary art auction next month, featuring local artistic talent.
Auctioneers Blyth and Co will stage the auction at the Fenlord Auction Rooms in Market Place on Saturday, March 24, at the end of a week's viewing of the work.
Both buyers and those interested in contemporary art are welcome at the exhibition. Ophelia Redpath, one of the artists whose work will be displayed, said: "This is a great opportunity for an active involvement in an art event.
"It offers a unique chance for the public to buy works which may not otherwise be exhibited."
The auction will be overseen by David Palmer, known to many for his frequent appearances on Flog It! and Bargain Hunt, and artists will include John Rohda, Paul Joseph Crank, James Horton, John Sutcliffe, Krystyna Wojcik, Alexandra Baraitser and Sue Tutton.
The auction will include a variety of media, including sculpture and paintings.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
Both auctioneers and artists have agreed that a proportion of the proceeds will be donated to the Great Fen
Project, a scheme which aims to buy and restore land across three counties, including Cambridgeshire, to a state suitable for wildlife and threatened species.
INFO: Contact David Palmer or Joanna Stevens at Blyth and Co in Ely on 01353 668320. Alternatively, visit www.blyths.com