One Of The Region's Largest Beer Festivals To Take Place This Weekend
ONE of the region s largest and most successful beer festivals is set to be held this weekend. The hugely popular Wilburton Beer Festival will be held on the village recreation ground for the eleventh consecutive year. It will open from midday until midn
ONE of the region's largest and most successful beer festivals is set to be held this weekend.
The hugely popular Wilburton Beer Festival will be held on the village recreation ground for the eleventh consecutive year. It will open from midday until midnight on Saturday and from midday until 6pm on Sunday. Last year more than 1,000 people attended the Festival helping to raise nearly �5,000 for charity.
Since local volunteers first starting running the Festival in 1999, they have raised around �35,000 which has provided much needed help for charities such as the Milton Children's Hospice, the Liam Fairhurst appeal and local groups such as MAGPAS, HEART, and the Church, Toddler and Youth Groups.
This year there will be 26 different real ales to sample as well as lager and soft drinks. There will also be a special locally brewed cider from the Pickle Pig Company in Stretham. Once again local companies are being asked to sponsor a barrel for �25 enabling the organisers to offset their costs and thereby allocate even more cash to needy charities. Anyone interested should contact the festival chairman, Kevin Hennessy on 01353 741574 .
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hennessy said: "We've had some fabulous events in past years and this year looks to be even better and bigger than before. There's something for all the family, young and old, including activities for children and live local bands throughout the weekend. There will be a barbecue running each day and also other food outlets. Our volunteers give up considerable time in organising the weekend so please come along, support them and local charities, and have a beer or two! It will be a fun weekend"
A list of the beers on offer are on the village website www.wilburton.org.uk .
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside