One night only Pride night out to raise money for Ely group LGBT+
- Credit: Archant
An Ely-based voluntary group and charity that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people is holding a fundraising event this week.
LGBT+ is hosting a Pride night at Bar-ology on Fore Hill on February 24 from 7pm until 2am.
Christine Whelan, one of the organisers, said: “We would like to see Ely put on the map, and the funds raised from this are going towards a project that we are aiming for which is a Pride event in Ely in 2018.
“We hope this will bring business into the city and improve tourism. Not only will it raise awareness of LGBT but also raise awareness of Ely as a thriving city and a great place to spend time or live.
“All are welcome, whether or not they are LGBT.”
There will be a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses, as well as a disco and cocktail offers.
Admission costs £5 on the door and profits from the event will go towards an LGBT+ Pride event to be held in Ely in 2018.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
For more information visit www.facebook.com/LGBTEly or call Christine Whelan on 07737 500409 or email email@example.com or call Fritha Love on 07812 124061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org