One night only Pride night out to raise money for Ely group LGBT+
- Credit: Archant
An Ely-based voluntary group and charity that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people is holding a fundraising event this week.
LGBT+ is hosting a Pride night at Bar-ology on Fore Hill on February 24 from 7pm until 2am.
Christine Whelan, one of the organisers, said: “We would like to see Ely put on the map, and the funds raised from this are going towards a project that we are aiming for which is a Pride event in Ely in 2018.
“We hope this will bring business into the city and improve tourism. Not only will it raise awareness of LGBT but also raise awareness of Ely as a thriving city and a great place to spend time or live.
“All are welcome, whether or not they are LGBT.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses, as well as a disco and cocktail offers.
Admission costs £5 on the door and profits from the event will go towards an LGBT+ Pride event to be held in Ely in 2018.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
For more information visit www.facebook.com/LGBTEly or call Christine Whelan on 07737 500409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Fritha Love on 07812 124061 or email email@example.com