One night only exhibition of rare Queen photographs coming to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Denis O’Regan, Queen’s official tour photographer throughout the 1970s and 80s, will visit Cambridge this autumn for a one-night-only exhibition.
Elms BMW Showroom, Sheepfold Lane, Cambourne, Cambridge, will be transformed into a stunning art gallery on the evening of Friday September 22.
Organised by rock exhibition specialists Off Beat Lounge, Denis O’Regan - one of the world’s most revered rock music photographers - will share more than 60 images, with more than half never published before.
“Featuring stunning live performance photography, intimate off-stage moments and a glimpse of the band’s outrageous ‘down-time’, this tour is every bit the spectacle, and follows hot on the heels of the sell-out UK tour of David Bowie photography ‘David & I’ by Denis O’Regan that gained national acclaim in 2016,” say organisers.
The tour will be supporting The Mercury Phoenix Trust, the charity set up in memory of Freddie Mercury.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Overton, founder of Off Beat Lounge, said attendees are in for an emotional experience.
“Some bands provide more than music, they document a period of time for an entire generation, and Queen were such a band.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“Although I’ve worked with Denis for a number of years now, I’m still in awe of his talent, and this carefully selected body of work illustrates that talent in an amazing way.”
All events will run from 7.30pm to 9pm for standard admission tickets, with VIP ticket holders gaining access from 6.30pm for a ‘Question and Answer’ session with Denis O’Regan and private viewing.
For tickets visit www.offbeatlounge.co.uk/events