One marathon is simply not enough for Soham fundraiser Jamie
- Credit: Archant
SOHAM fundraiser Jamie Hills is preparing to up the ante for his latest charity challenge, taking on two marathons in two weeks.
In October last year, Jamie raised hundreds of pounds for the Starlight charity by running a half-marathon in London but, this time around, the 41-year-old wants to push himself further.
Jamie completed the Paris marathon on Sunday and hopes to make it a double header on April 21 when takes on the London Marathon for a fifth time.
He is hoping to raise £5,000 for the Children with Cancer charity.
He said: “I am fundraising for this charity because my nine-year-old godson has an incurable brain tumour. Diagnosed when he was just six, he has endured more than three years of debilitating treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“Children with Cancer has played an absolutely vital role for my godson and his family and have helped them through the last three-and-a-half years with all kinds of support that makes this experience for all the family, a tiny, tiny bit less painful.”
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/parislondonchallenge
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 10 Letters: Praise for vaccine teams, search for brewery tray and more