One marathon is simply not enough for Soham fundraiser Jamie
- Credit: Archant
SOHAM fundraiser Jamie Hills is preparing to up the ante for his latest charity challenge, taking on two marathons in two weeks.
In October last year, Jamie raised hundreds of pounds for the Starlight charity by running a half-marathon in London but, this time around, the 41-year-old wants to push himself further.
Jamie completed the Paris marathon on Sunday and hopes to make it a double header on April 21 when takes on the London Marathon for a fifth time.
He is hoping to raise £5,000 for the Children with Cancer charity.
He said: “I am fundraising for this charity because my nine-year-old godson has an incurable brain tumour. Diagnosed when he was just six, he has endured more than three years of debilitating treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“Children with Cancer has played an absolutely vital role for my godson and his family and have helped them through the last three-and-a-half years with all kinds of support that makes this experience for all the family, a tiny, tiny bit less painful.”
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/parislondonchallenge
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car