One marathon is simply not enough for Soham fundraiser Jamie
- Credit: Archant
SOHAM fundraiser Jamie Hills is preparing to up the ante for his latest charity challenge, taking on two marathons in two weeks.
In October last year, Jamie raised hundreds of pounds for the Starlight charity by running a half-marathon in London but, this time around, the 41-year-old wants to push himself further.
Jamie completed the Paris marathon on Sunday and hopes to make it a double header on April 21 when takes on the London Marathon for a fifth time.
He is hoping to raise £5,000 for the Children with Cancer charity.
He said: “I am fundraising for this charity because my nine-year-old godson has an incurable brain tumour. Diagnosed when he was just six, he has endured more than three years of debilitating treatment.
“Children with Cancer has played an absolutely vital role for my godson and his family and have helped them through the last three-and-a-half years with all kinds of support that makes this experience for all the family, a tiny, tiny bit less painful.”
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/parislondonchallenge
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge