One In Three King's School Students Achieve As or Bs
One in three King s School Ely students achieved As or Bs in their three principal A-level subjects – the best-ever results in those two top grades. The overall percentage achieving As and Bs was 65 per cent, which was 6 per cent better than last year an
One in three King's School Ely students achieved As or Bs in their three principal A-level subjects - the best-ever results in those two top grades.
The overall percentage achieving As and Bs was 65 per cent, which was 6 per cent better than last year and the best on the school's records.
Year 12 AS results were also the best-ever.
King's School headteacher Sue Freestone, said: "All a head can ever ask of his or her students is that they work hard and do justice to their individual abilities. Today's results are a testimony to the fact this year's cohort has done so in style. I congratulate them and those who have taught them. Overall, 85 per cent of results were graded A-C in a total of 28 subjects, a five per cent increase on 2007 results, and the overall pass rate was 99 per cent. Sascha Hedman and Sarah Deamer had a special reason to celebrate their results.
You may also want to watch:
Both 18-year-olds achieved one of the top five marks in A-level art and design - Sascha in fine art and Sarah in textiles.
Michael Cresswell, director general of exam board AQA, congratulated them and the staff of The King's School on "an exceptional result".
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
This is the sixth year running that King's Ely art and design students have achieved such success.
Year 12 student, Laura Jackel, scored one of the top five marks in German.