On your marks, get set, go! Hundreds of youngsters run for funds in charity Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of youngsters laced up their running shoes and ran a combined distance of almost 500 kilometres at a school in Sutton - all to raise money for charity.
340 children in years one to six ran distances of one or two kilometres at Sutton C of E Primary School on Friday June 16, raising over £500 in the process.
The run had to be moved from the school’s field to the playground due to wet weather, but that didn’t dampen the spirits of the day, according to teaching assistant Karen Simpson.
“Everyone had a really good time,” she said. “Some of the teachers and the Foundation got involved too.
“We couldn’t do it on the field in the end because it was wet, so we just had the children do laps of the playgroup but it went well and they all got their own medals.
You may also want to watch:
“We raised about £500 and we’ve still got more sponsorship forms to come in.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station