On Yer Hike
Four intrepid walkers from Ely are aiming to raise more than £3,000 by hiking across the North of England. Neil Garner, Tom Brennand, Jayne Fuller and Richard Granville will set off from Robin Hood s Bay, in North Yorkshire, on Saturday, August 25, facing
Four intrepid walkers from Ely are aiming to raise more than £3,000 by hiking across the North of England.
Neil Garner, Tom Brennand, Jayne Fuller and Richard Granville will set off from Robin Hood's Bay, in North Yorkshire, on Saturday, August 25, facing a trek of nearly 190 miles.
The team will have nine days to complete the coast-to-coast walk if they are to successfully raise the money for the MS Society.
For Mr Garner, whose father Gerald was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, this walk will mean a lot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We didn't know much about the condition. We were put in touch with the MS Society and they have been amazing.
"The MS Society has done so much for us, now it's time I did something for them."
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
INFO: You can make a donation online at www.justgiving.com/
190milesin9days. Donations can also be made at the City Cycle Centre, in Market Street, or at P Smith & Son Shoe Repairs, in Newnham Street.
All money donated goes directly to the MS Society.