On track for a fantastic day in Ely with model railway fans
- Credit: Archant
A model railway exhibition attracted plenty of visitors in an exhibition in Ely.
Among the attractions were special railway lay outs and a ride on train.
The Ely and District Model Railway Club hosted the popular event.
A spokesman said: “Amongst the superb selection of layouts we had this year was ‘The Worlds End’ based on Knaresborough in Yorkshire.
“It truly is one of the most impressive model railways we’ve ever seen.
“Those of you who came on Saturday agreed - it won the public’s best layout vote.”
The club is made up of a group of individuals who have a common interest in railways - some common and mainstream, some a little more exotic and offbeat, who have joined together into an informal club to help build and create models of railway subjects.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
A spokesman said: “We create railways in miniature, by helping one another to learn new skills to research the prototype, build base boards, track lay and wiring, landscaping, building buildings, signalling and operating the models.
“Some exhibition managers are kind enough to invite our layouts to their exhibitions where we present and operate our models for the entertainment of the general public.
“We also have slide and video evenings, modelling competitions, visits to railway attractions, a summer event and an annual dinner.”
To join contact email@example.com.