On track for a fantastic day in Ely with model railway fans
- Credit: Archant
A model railway exhibition attracted plenty of visitors in an exhibition in Ely.
Among the attractions were special railway lay outs and a ride on train.
The Ely and District Model Railway Club hosted the popular event.
A spokesman said: “Amongst the superb selection of layouts we had this year was ‘The Worlds End’ based on Knaresborough in Yorkshire.
“It truly is one of the most impressive model railways we’ve ever seen.
You may also want to watch:
“Those of you who came on Saturday agreed - it won the public’s best layout vote.”
The club is made up of a group of individuals who have a common interest in railways - some common and mainstream, some a little more exotic and offbeat, who have joined together into an informal club to help build and create models of railway subjects.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
A spokesman said: “We create railways in miniature, by helping one another to learn new skills to research the prototype, build base boards, track lay and wiring, landscaping, building buildings, signalling and operating the models.
“Some exhibition managers are kind enough to invite our layouts to their exhibitions where we present and operate our models for the entertainment of the general public.
“We also have slide and video evenings, modelling competitions, visits to railway attractions, a summer event and an annual dinner.”
To join contact firstname.lastname@example.org.