On the right track: Ely rail station team named Greater Anglia’s best by customers
- Credit: Archant
The team at Ely rail station has been named by customers as Greater Anglia’s best station team.
The team won an Institute of Customer Service award after being nominated by passengers during National Customer Service Week held in October for their help in brightening passengers’ journeys.
Operator Greater Anglia encouraged regular travellers to nominate the station teams or individuals across the network who go the extra mile to make passengers’ journeys pleasant and stress-free or who have gone the extra mile to offer assistance or make a difference.
Paul Stannard, area customer service manager, said: “I’m delighted that the team at Ely has been named Greater Anglia’s Best Station Team.
“Thanks to everyone who got in touch during customer service week to highlight the great work of people on the railway, and thanks of course to the great team at Ely who work hard to deliver excellent customer service every day.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards were judged by the Greater Anglia leadership team who assessed each nominee for, amongst other criteria, the effort they make to exceed customer expectations and the level to which they know the value of excellent service to the business.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia’s managing director, said, “Delivering excellent customer service is a priority and I would like to offer my congratulations and gratitude to all the teams and individuals who were nominated for a National Customer Service Week award.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
“I am very proud of our passenger-focused employees across the network who do their upmost to exceed our customers’ expectations every day.”