On the right track: Ely rail station team named Greater Anglia’s best by customers
- Credit: Archant
The team at Ely rail station has been named by customers as Greater Anglia’s best station team.
The team won an Institute of Customer Service award after being nominated by passengers during National Customer Service Week held in October for their help in brightening passengers’ journeys.
Operator Greater Anglia encouraged regular travellers to nominate the station teams or individuals across the network who go the extra mile to make passengers’ journeys pleasant and stress-free or who have gone the extra mile to offer assistance or make a difference.
Paul Stannard, area customer service manager, said: “I’m delighted that the team at Ely has been named Greater Anglia’s Best Station Team.
“Thanks to everyone who got in touch during customer service week to highlight the great work of people on the railway, and thanks of course to the great team at Ely who work hard to deliver excellent customer service every day.”
The awards were judged by the Greater Anglia leadership team who assessed each nominee for, amongst other criteria, the effort they make to exceed customer expectations and the level to which they know the value of excellent service to the business.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia’s managing director, said, “Delivering excellent customer service is a priority and I would like to offer my congratulations and gratitude to all the teams and individuals who were nominated for a National Customer Service Week award.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“I am very proud of our passenger-focused employees across the network who do their upmost to exceed our customers’ expectations every day.”