Soham fund-raiser Liam Fair-hurst, pictured inset, is creeping closer to his £100,000 target for children s cancer charity Clic Sargent. The 12-year-old is £500 closer to the mark after Sylhet restaurant in Market Street, Ely, staged a charity night on T
Soham fund-raiser Liam Fair-hurst, pictured inset, is creeping closer to his £100,000 target for children's cancer charity Clic Sargent.
The 12-year-old is £500 closer to the mark after Sylhet restaurant in Market Street, Ely, staged a charity night on Tuesday.
Bad weather meant there were some cancellations, but proprietor Zahid Ahmed was still able to donate £400 in takings to the cause.
"The weather put people off, but we still did very well," Mr Ahmed said, adding that he would contribute an extra £100 himself.
You may also want to watch:
The Ely Standard has received dozens of messages of support and cards for Liam and his total now stands at more than £73,000, following a flood of donations after the 12-year-old began treatment for cancer for a second time. To keep track of Liam's progress, or to make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/liamsmile
To leave messages of support, visit www.elystandard.co.uk/liam or visit our office in Market Street, where we have a dedicated message board.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment