Olympic boost for Witchford’s star pupils
- Credit: Archant
WITCHFORD Village College held its annual Sports Awards evening last Thursday to celebrate students’ sporting prowess and achievements.
The guest speakers at the event were Glenn Kirkham, England hockey player, and Paul Hall, the head coach at Huntingdon Gymnastics Club, who coached Lewis Smith to his silver medal at the London Olympics.
Both speakers gave an insight into their personal journey to the London Olympics which was very well received by both students and parents.
Anna Elia and Jack Alsop were named as Key Stage 3 Sports Girl and Sports Boy of the Year, and Robyn Seabright and Daniel Jeffrey were awarded the Key Stage 4 Sports Girl and Sports Boy of the Year.
In addition, the award for Outstanding Contribution to Sport went to Ben Brown and Sara Divall.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Ann-Marie Latham, vice principal at the college, and supported by the PE staff.
She said: “This event provided the opportunity for the college to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of the students and their role in supporting other young people to improve their performance.”
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 8 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Lib Dem gains in East Cambs send shivers down county Tories spine