Olympic boost for Witchford’s star pupils
- Credit: Archant
WITCHFORD Village College held its annual Sports Awards evening last Thursday to celebrate students’ sporting prowess and achievements.
The guest speakers at the event were Glenn Kirkham, England hockey player, and Paul Hall, the head coach at Huntingdon Gymnastics Club, who coached Lewis Smith to his silver medal at the London Olympics.
Both speakers gave an insight into their personal journey to the London Olympics which was very well received by both students and parents.
Anna Elia and Jack Alsop were named as Key Stage 3 Sports Girl and Sports Boy of the Year, and Robyn Seabright and Daniel Jeffrey were awarded the Key Stage 4 Sports Girl and Sports Boy of the Year.
In addition, the award for Outstanding Contribution to Sport went to Ben Brown and Sara Divall.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Ann-Marie Latham, vice principal at the college, and supported by the PE staff.
She said: “This event provided the opportunity for the college to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of the students and their role in supporting other young people to improve their performance.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 8 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Man named following fatal collision