Olympic athlete Dwain Chambers joins students at Witchford Village College for 12 hour fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Olympic athlete Dwain Chambers joined students at Witchford Village College to take part in a 12 hours of sport fundraiser.
Around £5,000 was raised for cancer charity The Malcolm Whales Foundation.
More than 200 students took part in sports from 7am to 7pm on December 6, ranging from trampolining, ultimate frisbee, festive run, football and lots more.
Organiser of the event at WVC and physical education lead Courtney Pettifor said: "The day was a resounding success with all the WVC community pulling together to raise an amazing £5,000 for charity.
"The students behaved impeccably well and were a credit to the college.
You may also want to watch:
"Having Dwain Chambers in for the event was amazing; he inspired so many students and staff and was a pleasure to have around."
Dwain Anthony Chambers is a retired British track sprinter. He has won international medals at World and European level and is one of the fastest European sprinters in the history of athletics.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member