Most popular baby names registered in Cambridgeshire... Oliver and Olivia, while Zebedee and Sailor among more unusual choices
- Credit: Archant
Oliver Cromwell’s historical connections with Ely and Cambridgeshire are still alive and well as it’s been revealed that Oliver was the most popular name for a baby boy in the last 12 months.
With two royal babies on the horizon this year, traditional names are still popular in the region, with three current royal males referenced in the top five: Harry, George and William.
Meanwhile, Olivia was the most popular choice for a baby girl, followed by Amelia, Charlotte, Isla and Emily.
There were however a number of more unusual choices of local parents, released by Cambridgeshire County Council’s registration service.
With names like Memphis, Fox and Atlas for a boy and Juniper, Amity and Sage for a girl, could they serve as inspiration for when William and Charlotte pick a name for the next royal baby.
You may also want to watch:
Here are the top 20 unusual ones, registered over the last year:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member