Most popular baby names registered in Cambridgeshire... Oliver and Olivia, while Zebedee and Sailor among more unusual choices
- Credit: Archant
Oliver Cromwell’s historical connections with Ely and Cambridgeshire are still alive and well as it’s been revealed that Oliver was the most popular name for a baby boy in the last 12 months.
With two royal babies on the horizon this year, traditional names are still popular in the region, with three current royal males referenced in the top five: Harry, George and William.
Meanwhile, Olivia was the most popular choice for a baby girl, followed by Amelia, Charlotte, Isla and Emily.
There were however a number of more unusual choices of local parents, released by Cambridgeshire County Council’s registration service.
With names like Memphis, Fox and Atlas for a boy and Juniper, Amity and Sage for a girl, could they serve as inspiration for when William and Charlotte pick a name for the next royal baby.
Here are the top 20 unusual ones, registered over the last year:
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 10 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project