Rural crime officers seize dirt bike in Ely following similar reports of illegal biking in the area
- Credit: Archant
A dirt bike was seized in Ely last week, one of several reports police officers have received on illegal bike and quad riding in the last few weeks.
Officers from the Cambridgeshire’s Rural Crime Action Team (RCAT) seized a 150cc Chinese pit bike near BP petrol station on the A10 off St John’s Road on Thursday, April 9.
The incident is one of several police have responded to, with three quads and three dirt bikes being seen between Ely and Cambridge.
An RCAT spokesperson said: “The bike was seized on the A10 Ely bypass near BP off the byway off St John’s road.
“Officers had responded to reports of quads and dirt bikes in the area between Cambridge and Ely.
You may also want to watch:
“There were three quads and three dirt bikes seen in the area. Two bikes where stopped by separate officers and one of them seized as it was being illegally ridden.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station