Officers confiscate hundreds of pounds worth of cannabis
- Credit: Archant
Police seized hundreds of pounds worth of cannabis in separate incidents in East Cambridgeshire, on Sunday.
Officers were carrying out patrols in Burwell following a recent spate of burglaries, when they stopped a car at about 9.40pm.
They carried out a search of the vehicle and discovered £150 worth of cannabis - which was subsequently seized.
At about 1.20pm, police carried out a raid at a house in The Butts, in Soham.
Cannabis was discovered, along with 10 small plants.
A 49-year-old man, from Ely, was issued a caution for the production of cannabis contrary to section 49 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 10 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons