Office could be converted into flat under new plans
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an office in Ely has applied for planning permission to convert it into a flat after a lack of interest from businesses.
Jason Watson has submitted an application to East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert 5a Quayside, which sits just yards from the River Great Ouse, into rental accommodation.
Agents acting for Mr Watson said the office had been available for rent for more than a year but had attracted no interest.
They said: “The office has now sat empty for over 12 months and has been marketed by Cheffins with no interest shown in that time.
“We are looking to convert the building, which is in very good condition, into a flat to match the others and provide an easier rental income.”
You may also want to watch:
The agents said that work to convert the office into a flat would be minimal and would require the removal of two internal walls and the installation of new dividing walls.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity