Objections fail to halt homes scheme
PLANS to build 23 houses in part of a Conservation Area in Little Downham have been approved – despite parish council objections. Buckingham and Sparrow Ltd was given the go-ahead for the scheme by East Cambridgeshire District Council s planning committee
PLANS to build 23 houses in part of a Conservation Area in Little Downham have been approved - despite parish council objections.
Buckingham and Sparrow Ltd was given the go-ahead for the scheme by East Cambridgeshire District Council's planning committee.
Little Downham Parish Council welcomed the developer's bid to include social housing but expressed concerns based on public comments made at a council meeting.
The report included concerns about the size of the development, the increase in traffic and sewerage, water pressure and drainage.
You may also want to watch:
The plans are expected to be approved within the next three weeks and work will start within three years.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor