Obituary - REG ROWLETT
KEEN cricket fan Reg Rowlett died on December 10 at Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, aged 87. Born in Emneth, Norfolk, Mr Rowlett served in the RAF during the Second World War, and took part in the north African campaign. Mr Rowlett would later become
KEEN cricket fan Reg Rowlett died on December 10 at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, aged 87.
Born in Emneth, Norfolk, Mr Rowlett served in the RAF during the Second World War, and took part in the north African campaign.
Mr Rowlett would later become a member of the RAF Association and the Royal British Legion.
After the war, he worked as a farmer, and eventually settled in Hempfield Road, Littleport.
You may also want to watch:
A keen cricketer for much of his life, Mr Rowlett played for Lakesend and Welney in his younger days and for Littleport, his RAF Association side and a number of RAF teams.
Mr Rowlett met Jessie Scott in 1947 and the couple were married in 1949 at Welney Church. The couple had three children, Linda, David and Richard.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
He is also survived by seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
The funeral took place on December 20 at St George's Church, Littleport.