Obituary - Horace William Watson
HORACE Watson died peacefully at The Grange Nursing Home in Littleport on Christmas Day, aged 96. He was born at Hundred Foot Bank in Welney and became an arable farmer alongside his father on a smallholding at Welney. Mr Watson enjoyed playing dominoes
HORACE Watson died peacefully at The Grange Nursing Home in Littleport on Christmas Day, aged 96.
He was born at Hundred Foot Bank in Welney and became an arable farmer alongside his father on a smallholding at Welney.
Mr Watson enjoyed playing dominoes at the day centre at Littleport and the ex-service men's club where he also played bingo. He enjoyed watching sport on television, especially snooker and cricket and had a passion for quiz shows. He enjoyed driving his car until his sight started to fade in later life and liked being in his garden.
He was happily married to Doris for 51 years until she died in November, 1984.
You may also want to watch:
Horace leaves two sons, Eric who lives in Hilgay and Terry, from Littleport; five grandchildren, Christopher, Julie, Darren, Pauline and Paul and great-grandchildren Heather, Scott, Kimberley, Kirsty and Shannon.
His funeral took place at St John's Methodist Church in Littleport on January 5. The service was conducted by the Rev Roger Steward.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph