Obituary - Elizabeth Wheeler Lee
Elizabeth Lee, formerly of Short Road, Stretham, died on September 12 at The Gables Nursing Home, Whittlesey. She was aged 78. Born in Ely, Elizabeth was the daughter of a local farmer. She opened and ran the village butcher s shop before she retired. Mr
Elizabeth Lee, formerly of Short Road, Stretham, died on September 12 at The Gables Nursing Home, Whittlesey. She was aged 78. Born in Ely, Elizabeth was the daughter of a local farmer. She opened and ran the village butcher's shop before she retired.
Mrs Lee was a regular church-goer, a member of the Mothers Union and Over-60s Club, played bowls at the local club and was always on hand to help friends and neighbours providing lifts to the doctors or hospital.
She also enjoyed ballroom dancing. She enjoyed nothing more than being with her family and taking holidays with friends and family.
In 1952, she married John, a farmer, who died three years ago. They had three children, Trudi Smith of Stretham, Jonathan, also of Stretham and Michael of Haddenham. Mrs Lee is also survived by her seven grandchildren and four great- grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral took place on September 12 at St James' Church in Stretham. The service was led by the Rev Pauline Scott.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut