Obituary: Angela Mary Kingsley Covey-Crump (LRAM)
Angela KINGSLEY COVEY-CRUMP died at Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge on December 14, aged 93. Angela who lived in Ely but was originally from Hampshire, was a teacher by profession. Her last two posts being at Ely High School and the City Of Ely Colleg
Angela KINGSLEY COVEY-CRUMP died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on December 14, aged 93. Angela who lived in Ely but was originally from Hampshire, was a teacher by profession. Her last two posts being at Ely High School and the City Of Ely College where she taught maths.
Angela supported many charities and was a keen member of the Ely Cathedral congregation and was on the church flower rota. A talented pianist who studied at the Royal Academy of Music, Angela played for most of her life at schools and she sang as well. In later life she played for local ballet classes. She also enjoyed playing and watching tennis.
Angela was the daughter of the late Captain Ayre so grew up with a naval background. After her retirement, she helped her husband Leo, to whom she was married for 60 years, with the WRVS Meals On Wheels service.
Angela leaves two children, Peter and Anne and three grandchildren, Anthony, Elizabeth and Sarah.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral took place at Ely Cathedral on December 28. Donations were made to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry