Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- Credit: FACEBOOK
Tributes have been paid to a King's Ely matron who has died from Covid-19.
Elizabeth Firek, who had been in hospital battling the virus, joined King’s in October 2004.
Mrs Firek was one of the school's original house matrons: after being matron of School House, she then moved to Wendreda House as matron several years ago.
Liz leaves her husband Michael, three sons and many grandchildren.
King's Ely paid tribute to Mrs Firek on their Facebook page, writing: "Our school community is deeply saddened by the death of Mrs Firek, our colleague and friend, who passed away on Saturday (January 23) morning.
You may also want to watch:
"Liz will be remembered fondly by many generations of King’s pupils, staff and families.
"If you would like to pass on a message of condolence to Liz’s family, please email: email@example.com."
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 4 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 No fairytale debut for Brett after falling at first hurdle