Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- Credit: FACEBOOK
Tributes have been paid to a King's Ely matron who has died from Covid-19.
Elizabeth Firek, who had been in hospital battling the virus, joined King’s in October 2004.
Mrs Firek was one of the school's original house matrons: after being matron of School House, she then moved to Wendreda House as matron several years ago.
Liz leaves her husband Michael, three sons and many grandchildren.
King's Ely paid tribute to Mrs Firek on their Facebook page, writing: "Our school community is deeply saddened by the death of Mrs Firek, our colleague and friend, who passed away on Saturday (January 23) morning.
You may also want to watch:
"Liz will be remembered fondly by many generations of King’s pupils, staff and families.
"If you would like to pass on a message of condolence to Liz’s family, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org."
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 4 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 7 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 9 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure