Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- Credit: FACEBOOK
Tributes have been paid to a King's Ely matron who has died from Covid-19.
Elizabeth Firek, who had been in hospital battling the virus, joined King’s in October 2004.
Mrs Firek was one of the school's original house matrons: after being matron of School House, she then moved to Wendreda House as matron several years ago.
Liz leaves her husband Michael, three sons and many grandchildren.
King's Ely paid tribute to Mrs Firek on their Facebook page, writing: "Our school community is deeply saddened by the death of Mrs Firek, our colleague and friend, who passed away on Saturday (January 23) morning.
"Liz will be remembered fondly by many generations of King’s pupils, staff and families.
"If you would like to pass on a message of condolence to Liz’s family, please email: email@example.com."
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 4 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 9 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 10 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year