Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- Credit: FACEBOOK
Tributes have been paid to a King's Ely matron who has died from Covid-19.
Elizabeth Firek, who had been in hospital battling the virus, joined King’s in October 2004.
Mrs Firek was one of the school's original house matrons: after being matron of School House, she then moved to Wendreda House as matron several years ago.
Liz leaves her husband Michael, three sons and many grandchildren.
King's Ely paid tribute to Mrs Firek on their Facebook page, writing: "Our school community is deeply saddened by the death of Mrs Firek, our colleague and friend, who passed away on Saturday (January 23) morning.
You may also want to watch:
"Liz will be remembered fondly by many generations of King’s pupils, staff and families.
"If you would like to pass on a message of condolence to Liz’s family, please email: email@example.com."
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute