Maurice Gathercole Maurice Gathercole, of Upton Place, Littleport, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital on April 29. He was 71. Maurice, a retired lorry driver, was born at Ten Mile Bank. He was an avid Tottenham Hotspur fan and liked to play dominoes. He also
Maurice Gathercole, of Upton Place, Littleport, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital on April 29. He was 71.
Maurice, a retired lorry driver, was born at Ten Mile Bank. He was an avid Tottenham Hotspur fan and liked to play dominoes. He also liked watching football and boxing.
He was married to Doris in July 1956. Before her death in 1995, they enjoyed caravanning and trips to the seaside. Maurice was a great family man and loved spending time with his 12 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. He is survived by his children Shane Lord, Belinda Eastwood, Beverley Wright, Susan Reeve and Paula Howe of Littleport and Shirley Cornwall of Wilburton.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral took place on May 15 at Littleport Methodist Church, led by Sister Joyce and then on to Cambridge Crematorium.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
EDNA Aldridge, of Lily House, Ely, and formerly St Ovin's Green, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on April 30, aged 83.
She was born in Victoria Street in Ely and during the Second World War she worked in the Ely ordnance factory. She was later a cook at Ely High School and the City of Ely College.
She married Claud on February 14, 1945. Edna's pastimes included her family and garden and she enjoyed the researching the city's historical past as well as walking in the local area.
Edna is survived by her son, Barry, daughter-in-law Sue, of West End in Ely, her two grandchildren, Amanda and Tracey, and two great-grandchildren, Zack and Chloe.
The funeral service took place on May 10 at 2pm at St Mary's Church, Ely, led by the Rev Twycross and was followed by cremation at Cambridge Crematorium.