Now win your shirt!
A FOOTBALL shirt signed by celebrities and legendary soccer stars will be one of the prized items up for auction to boost Liam Fairhurst s appeal. The shirt was donated by the chairman of the Sawston playgroup, Russell Thompson, to help boost funds for th
A FOOTBALL shirt signed by celebrities and legendary soccer stars will be one of the prized items up for auction to boost Liam Fairhurst's appeal.
The shirt was donated by the chairman of the Sawston playgroup, Russell Thompson, to help boost funds for the CLIC Sargent children's cancer charity.
All the names on the shirt played in The Match, a reality TV show screened on Sky One in which a group of celebrities formed a football team to compete against a team of former professional footballers.
The Celebrities were managed by one of football's best known managers, Graham Taylor, and the team included a number of Coronation Street stars, Steve Brookstein from X Factor, Nick Pickard from Hollyoaks and Ralf Little from The Royle Family and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.
The Legends included famous names from the world of football, Paul Gascoigne, Matt Le Tissier, Ian Rush and Ally McCoist among others.
Hosted by radio presenter and celebrity, Zoe Ball, the match was played at St James' Park, Newcastle in October 2005 where the celebrities lost 2-0.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
The shirt will be sold by Ely auctioneer, David Palmer, during a charity auction as part of Soham Staploe Rotary Club's Real Ale Festival at The Pavilion in Soham on Saturday, June 9 at 8pm.
Cash raised from the auction will help Soham youngster, Liam Fairhurst, reach his £100,000 fund-raising target and money raised from the festival will go to Soham scouts and guides.