Novelist Sylvie Short is among speakers at Writers’ Day in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Upcoming writer Sylvie Short will be a new speaker at the Writers’ Day this Saturday, March 24, from 10am to 3pm in St Andrew’s Church Hall, Witchford.
Once the head of a primary school, Sylvie is now concentrating on writing full time.
She has written four novels, a history of Swaffham Prior where she grew up, three books of reflections and a book of short stories.
Other speakers for the day include councillor Mike Rouse (‘Dew speak Fen?), Hayley Humphrey (workshop), Mary McGuire (How to be inspired), Roger Rix (copyright), Rosemary Westwell (‘Why we need a copy editor’) and Dominic O’Sullivan (poetry).
Entry is free and coffee/tea and biscuits and a sandwich lunch will be provided but donations will be requested to help cover the costs.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of the short story competition will be announced near the end of the day. If you would like to book a seat contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months