President Rosemary Green welcomed members to the October meeting of Ely Northwold WI. The speaker for the evening was Fiona Lewcraft who gave an interesting talk entitled Christmas food through the ages . After answering questions from the members, she
President Rosemary Green welcomed members to the October meeting of Ely Northwold WI.
The speaker for the evening was Fiona Lewcraft who gave an interesting talk entitled 'Christmas food through the ages'. After answering questions from the members, she was thanked by Chris Cheale.
The winner of the competition for the oldest cookery book was Lia Condor, second Christine Dickens.
Draw prize winners were: Beverley Holland, Rosemary Green, Monique Griffiths, Rose-marie Lawrence, Anne Williams and Ellen Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Next month's meeting will be on November 8 when Hazel Watson will be showing us how to make an Iris fold Christmas card. The meeting begins at 7.15pm at the Old Dispensary, St Mary's Street. Visitors welcome.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'