Nominations open for annual Living Sport Sports Awards
- Credit: Archant
The nomination process for the annual Living Sport Sports Awards is now open and closes on Friday September 30.
The awards aim to recognise and celebrate the achievements of talented sportsmen and women, coaches, volunteers, organisations and clubs from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Individuals and organisations can now be nominated by the public for one or more of the 14 categories which include sports performer of the year, community volunteer of the year and workplace of the year.
The ceremony will take place on Thursday November 23 at Burgess Hall in St Ives.
Shortlisted nominees in each of the categories will receive two free tickets to the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Sports performer of the year was won by England hockey player Hannah MacLeod and disabled sports person was Jonnie Peacock, both Rio 2016 stars. Jonnie Peacock also has his own award which recognises someone who has gone above and beyond to make a difference while overcoming personal adversity – which was won by Samantha Isaacson.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
- 9 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 10 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000