Nominations open for annual Living Sport Sports Awards
- Credit: Archant
The nomination process for the annual Living Sport Sports Awards is now open and closes on Friday September 30.
The awards aim to recognise and celebrate the achievements of talented sportsmen and women, coaches, volunteers, organisations and clubs from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Individuals and organisations can now be nominated by the public for one or more of the 14 categories which include sports performer of the year, community volunteer of the year and workplace of the year.
The ceremony will take place on Thursday November 23 at Burgess Hall in St Ives.
Shortlisted nominees in each of the categories will receive two free tickets to the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Sports performer of the year was won by England hockey player Hannah MacLeod and disabled sports person was Jonnie Peacock, both Rio 2016 stars. Jonnie Peacock also has his own award which recognises someone who has gone above and beyond to make a difference while overcoming personal adversity – which was won by Samantha Isaacson.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'