Nominate an Ely community group that might need extra helping hands
- Credit: Archant
An Ely travel agency is appealing for people to nominate worthwhile causes after staff offered to donate 80 hours of their time.
Premier Travel is giving back to the community by volunteering its help for special charitable projects.
Ely residents who know a charity in need of volunteers for a particular initiative or an extra pairs of hands for its day-to-day activities, are being encouraged to put forward the organisation for Premier Travel’s community project.
Sue Steel, manager of Premier Travel’s Ely branch, said: “We’re really excited to lend our assistance to local charities. Premier is willing to volunteer for anything that needs doing, from helping to plant a sensory garden to supporting elderly people.
“The company has raised money for some fantastic causes including holding coffee mornings in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and doing car washes and even a tandem sky dive for the Arthur Rank Hospice in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
“If you know a local charity in need of support, please nominate them for our community project and we’ll do our best to help.”
This latest campaign follows on the heels of Premier’s 80 prizes in 80 days giveaway, and celebrates the company’s 80th anniversary this year.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The nominations will be reviewed by a judging panel who will select the charities where the travel firm believes it can make the biggest difference to people’s lives.
People are asked to contact their chosen charity before putting it forward so it is aware of the nomination.
To nominate a charity, pick up a form in the Ely branch or visit their website.
Deadine for nominations is October 9.