No joke for hospital after thieves steal laughing gas
POLICE are appealing for information after thieves stole ‘laughing gas’ from a hospital.
Offenders took 11 cylinders containing nitrous oxide from a storage shed at The Princess of Wales Hospital in Lynn Road, Ely, between 8.30pm on Saturday (February 19) and 7.30am the following day.
PC Kelly Purkiss, investigating, said: “These cylinders are very heavy and would have required two people to move. It is also likely they would have had to use a vehicle.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who has any information about these cylinders.
“This gas can be very dangerous when used incorrectly and people are running the risk of serious injury or long-term health issues.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Purkiss on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats