No excuses’ from biker
A MOTORCYCLIST caught riding at almost 100 mph on his way to work at Ely Golf Club has been banned from the road for 28 days. Christopher Young was first spotted speeding by police as he rode through Haddenham High Street just before 6am on September 20 l
A MOTORCYCLIST caught riding at almost 100 mph on his way to work at Ely Golf Club has been banned from the road for 28 days.
Christopher Young was first spotted speeding by police as he rode through Haddenham High Street just before 6am on September 20 last year - he was travelling at just over 56mph through the 30 mph limit.
Officers were unable to stop him then, and followed him towards Ely, where he was clocked at
97.86mph through the 60mph limit.
You may also want to watch:
Stopped by police, 20-year-old Young told an officer he was breaking the speed limit because he was late for work.
"I regret speeding, there is no excuse for it," he told city magistrates on Thursday, "The visibility was good, the weather was good, and there were no cars about."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
Announcing the ban, presiding magistrate Bryant Watson told Young: "In both cases, the speed you did was excessive."
Young was fined £200 and told to pay £35 costs.