Nine-year-old Edward will take centre stage
WHILE most nine-year-olds are content to just sit and enjoy the circus, Edward Pinder is more at home on centre stage, as one of the country’s youngest ringmasters.
The primary school pupil normally enjoys a cameo slot as one of the clowns with a touring circus but, when ringmaster Mike Lea lost his voice unexpectedly, Edward was first in line to step in.
And, with the circus about to roll in Ely, Edward will once again be at the heart of the action, complete with his own custom made ringmasters’ outfit.
The nine-year-old has performing in his blood, with his mum, dad and grandparents all performing as clowns with the circus.
Ringmaster Mike Lea told the Ely Standard: Edward watches the show and knows all the words and took the microphone when I lost my voice and kept the show going.
You may also want to watch:
“He made such a good job of iy, his mother has made him his own ringmasters outfit
and, after his school work is done, he is allowed to act as ringmaster. Edward is a cute looking circus boy who all the mums and children like.”
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
Edwards will be performing with the Lincolnshire-based Pinder’s Circus, which can trace its roots’ back more than 150 years, when it rolls in Ely from April 5-8.
The performances are taking place at Lavender Green on Willow Walk.
INFO: www.pinderscircus.co.uk or call 07578 083 755