Nine Arrests After Drug Raids In Ely
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector.!
POLICE have arrested nine people on drugs charges after carrying out a series of raids in the Ely area.
Quantities of heroin, cannabis and prescription drugs were seized at properties in Ely, Soham, Littleport and Wilburton on Wednesday morning.
Officers had secured eight warrants, six for suspected drugs offences and two under the theft act at addresses in Ely, including St Mary’s Street, New Barns Avenue and Morley Drive during the early morning raids.
Two women were arrested at the Morley Drive and New Barns Avenue properties on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, while a woman was also arrested in St Mary’s Street on suspicion of possessing a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
A woman was arrested in East Avenue, Soham, on suspicion of possessing class A and C drugs, while a man was arrested in Hale Fen, Littleport, on suspicion of illegally possessing prescription drugs. A man was also arrested in Meadow Close, in Wilburton, near Ely, on suspicion of possessing a class C drug.
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector. Our message to the drugs dealers is: if you visit harm on the community we will visit you.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
All the suspects have been questioned and released on police bail.