Nine Arrests After Drug Raids In Ely
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector.!
POLICE have arrested nine people on drugs charges after carrying out a series of raids in the Ely area.
Quantities of heroin, cannabis and prescription drugs were seized at properties in Ely, Soham, Littleport and Wilburton on Wednesday morning.
Officers had secured eight warrants, six for suspected drugs offences and two under the theft act at addresses in Ely, including St Mary’s Street, New Barns Avenue and Morley Drive during the early morning raids.
Two women were arrested at the Morley Drive and New Barns Avenue properties on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, while a woman was also arrested in St Mary’s Street on suspicion of possessing a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
A woman was arrested in East Avenue, Soham, on suspicion of possessing class A and C drugs, while a man was arrested in Hale Fen, Littleport, on suspicion of illegally possessing prescription drugs. A man was also arrested in Meadow Close, in Wilburton, near Ely, on suspicion of possessing a class C drug.
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector. Our message to the drugs dealers is: if you visit harm on the community we will visit you.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
All the suspects have been questioned and released on police bail.