Nine Arrests After Drug Raids In Ely
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector.!
POLICE have arrested nine people on drugs charges after carrying out a series of raids in the Ely area.
Quantities of heroin, cannabis and prescription drugs were seized at properties in Ely, Soham, Littleport and Wilburton on Wednesday morning.
Officers had secured eight warrants, six for suspected drugs offences and two under the theft act at addresses in Ely, including St Mary’s Street, New Barns Avenue and Morley Drive during the early morning raids.
Two women were arrested at the Morley Drive and New Barns Avenue properties on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, while a woman was also arrested in St Mary’s Street on suspicion of possessing a class A drug.
A woman was arrested in East Avenue, Soham, on suspicion of possessing class A and C drugs, while a man was arrested in Hale Fen, Littleport, on suspicion of illegally possessing prescription drugs. A man was also arrested in Meadow Close, in Wilburton, near Ely, on suspicion of possessing a class C drug.
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector. Our message to the drugs dealers is: if you visit harm on the community we will visit you.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 10 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
All the suspects have been questioned and released on police bail.