Nine Arrests After Drug Raids In Ely
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector.!
POLICE have arrested nine people on drugs charges after carrying out a series of raids in the Ely area.
Quantities of heroin, cannabis and prescription drugs were seized at properties in Ely, Soham, Littleport and Wilburton on Wednesday morning.
Officers had secured eight warrants, six for suspected drugs offences and two under the theft act at addresses in Ely, including St Mary’s Street, New Barns Avenue and Morley Drive during the early morning raids.
Two women were arrested at the Morley Drive and New Barns Avenue properties on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, while a woman was also arrested in St Mary’s Street on suspicion of possessing a class A drug.
A woman was arrested in East Avenue, Soham, on suspicion of possessing class A and C drugs, while a man was arrested in Hale Fen, Littleport, on suspicion of illegally possessing prescription drugs. A man was also arrested in Meadow Close, in Wilburton, near Ely, on suspicion of possessing a class C drug.
Inspector Andy Bartlett, who led the raids, said: “It was a massive team effort and involved the whole of the Ely sector. Our message to the drugs dealers is: if you visit harm on the community we will visit you.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
All the suspects have been questioned and released on police bail.